Monday, December 22, 2008

New Blog/Remodel


To bring in the New Year, I have decided to begin blogging again with a little more focus. I won't call this a resolution -- since I don't believe in those -- it simply is a new goal for 2009.

I will use this blog for 3 main categories:

1) Race Reports/Race Reviews/Scheduling
I will report on races I have run, but also review them to make recommendations on the better races. I also will post schedules of not only the races I am competing in, but others around the area. I often hear about races too late, so this will hopefully be a good resource of area events.

2) I am a scientist of sport and really enjoy reading and learning what the human body goes through in endurance events. I will share the best articles/blogs that I read, which will in turn (hopefully) help you!

3) Finally I hope to start reviewing gear that I use -- again to be a resource for others.

Thank you for reading and please share with others!

Stephen

1 comment:

Tim said...

Hi Stephen, It was 5:11am when I started trying to write you a message. I snuck out of our hotel room in Springfield . . . couldn't sleep anymore. Looking for something to do for a couple hours. Then when I got to the google account part, I lost my original message. Then I just noticed there's another way to get the post recognized. But I guess I'll try this first. I'm not Tim though. I'm Lynn. Duh! Tim doesn't run halfs . . . yet.

The race yesterday was fun, flat, and the weather was sunny, breezy, and warmer than many December days.

I certainly ran a much more consistent pace than in my first half. But when I crossed, I was about a minute slower. I just figured it was colder, and I was stiffer. BUT, then they announced that the half had been mismeasured by +0.4mi. So, it was a little faster. The race director is going to adjust the times. Then I guess I was the only woman in my age group. So I got a trophy. SWEET.

Your blog looks great. Looking forward to learning from you.

Love,
Lynn Parshall, your aunt and fellow sport enthusiast

ps Race schedule is impressive. FULL IRONMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!